AGENCY VISIT—IDENTIFY A SOCIAL WORKER
This week, you take the first important step toward completion of your Week 6 Assignment by submitting the name of the agency and social worker you intend to interview. The Assignment you submit here is straightforward, but the result of the choice is important.
Your scheduled interview with a social worker in your community provides the opportunity to deepen your understanding of a social worker’s experience in the “real world.” You can connect your social work inspiration more directly to the field and to practice. Or, you may discover a new path or affirm the one you are on. This is also an opportunity to learn about different agencies where you may be interested in completing your field education.
Be sure to review the Learning Resources before completing this activity.Click the weekly resources link to access the resources.
· Arrange a visit to an agency or organization in your community that employs social workers.
· Identify a social worker with an MSW–level degree to interview.
· Secure permission to interview that social worker.
· Schedule a time to interview the social worker. Be sure to leave enough time to conduct the interview and complete the Assignment. It is highly recommended that you review the Week 6 Assignment now, if you have not done so already.
BY DAY 7
Submit the name of the agency and the social worker, including the social worker’s degree or licensure (e.g., MSW, LCSW, etc.), with whom you will collaborate for your Agency Presentation. You will submit your presentation by Day 3 of the Week 6 Discussion. Posting your presentation in the Discussion will allow you to learn from your colleagues’ presentations, including by asking questions or discussing what you learned from your colleagues.
· National Association of Social Workers. (2021). . https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English.aspx
· National Association of Social Workers. (n.d.). . https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/History
· Sewpaul, V., & Henrickson, M. (2019). . International Social Work, 62(6), 1469–1481. https://doi.org/10.1177/0020872819846238
· Mathias, J. (2015). . Journal of Social Work Education, 51(3), 457–474. https://doi.org/10.1080/10437797.2015.1043196
· Association of Social Work Boards. (n.d.). . https://www.aswb.org/regulation/laws-and-regulations-database/
· Grise-Owens, E., Owens, L. W., & Miller, J. J. (2016). . Journal of Social Work Education, 52(sup1), S126–S133. https://doi.org/10.1080/10437797.2016.1174641
· Monahan, M. J. (2016). . The New Social Worker. https://www.socialworker.com/extras/social-work-month-project-2016/the-challenges-and-benefits-of-becoming-a-licensed-social-worker/#:~:text=Most%20licensure%20laws%20protect%20both,and%20four%20protect%20practice%20only
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT ?
At LindasHelp.com , I can take care of all your academic needs including your individual & learning team papers & power points, your Accounting, Finance, Math and QNT labs, sheets, quizzes, discussion questions and Final exams. All the work I complete for you is guaranteed to be 100% original, plagiarism free, edited, APA formatted and just ready for you to add your name on it.