Art Creation & Reflection – Sculpture, Painting, or Drawing
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
· Lessons: Week 1, 2, 3
· Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
This week you will use your readings from the past two weeks as a point of departure to create your own artistic production and a reflection paper.
Part 1: Art CreationSelect one of the visual art pieces from Chapters 1-6 or the lessons from Weeks 1-3 to use as a point of inspiration. Create a painting, sculpture, drawing, or work of architecture inspired by your selected art piece.
Part 2: ReflectionWrite a reflection about the relationship between your art production and the inspiration piece. Include the following in the reflection paper:
· Inspiration Piece
· Include image.
· Record the title, artist, year, and place of origin.
· Briefly explain the background of the inspiration piece.
· Your Art Piece
· Include image.
· Provide a title.
· Explain the background of your piece.
· Explain the thematic connection between the two pieces.
· How are they similar and different?
· Are they the same medium? How does the medium impact what the viewer experiences?
· How do the formal elements of design compare to one another?
Original Artwork Requirements
· Methods: paint, watercolor, pencil, crayon, marker, collage, clay, metal, or wood
· No computer-generated pieces
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page, references page, or image of artwork)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source)
This activity will be graded based on the W3 Art Creation & Reflection Grading Rubric.
CO 1: Identify the content, forms, and/or techniques of work of art (e.g., architecture, fine art, literature, and/or drama).
CO 2: Analyze the content, forms, and/or techniques of a work of art (e.g., architecture, fine art, literature, and/or drama).
CO 3: Explain the historical/cultural/social context in which a work was created.
CO 4: Classify works of art using different approaches (by discipline, genre, style, period, etc.) in order to contextualize the works and relate them to a variety of influences.
CO 5: Create an original artistic composition as an expression of the human experience.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT ?
At LindasHelp.com , I can take care of all your academic needs including your individual & learning team papers & power points, your Accounting, Finance, Math and QNT labs, sheets, quizzes, discussion questions and Final exams. All the work I complete for you is guaranteed to be 100% original, plagiarism free, edited, APA formatted and just ready for you to add your name on it.