Assignment1ACCT301Questions1.docx – Assignment:
College of Administration and Finance Sciences
Deadline: Saturday 10/01/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Cost Accounting
Course Code: ACCT 301
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1444 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: /15
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard ( WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answers must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism.
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Assignment Question(s):(Marks 15)
Q1. What information is relevant for decision-making? Differentiate between relevant and irrelevant information for decision-making. Support your answer by explaining the information in the context of an organization.
Note: Your answer must include suitable examples of relevant and irrelevant information for decision-making. (Week 2, Chapter 1)
Q2. A&D Ltd. is in the manufacturing of wooden products and makes several wooden items. The following values are related to a particular wooden item:
Selling price per unit
Variable cost per unit
Total fixed costs
Estimated next year’s budgeted sales
You are required to calculate: (4 Marks)
a) BEP in units and BEP in sales SAR
b) Degree of operating leverage
c) Margin of safety in units
d) Margin of safety in SAR (Week 4, Chapter 3)
Q3. The information below was derived from the 2018 records of HCS Company: (4 Marks)
Total Cost (SAR)
Using the high-low method of analysis, calculate
i. Variable cost
ii. Fixed cost, and
iii. Determine a cost function. (Week 3, Chapter 2)
Q4. The following transactions are related to a particular job. You are required to make the necessary journal entries. (4 Marks)
a) The materials storeroom receives a shipment of direct and indirect materials that cost SAR 50,000.
b) Materials are sent to the stamping and assembly areas. The cost of the direct materials is SAR 5,600 and the cost of the indirect materials is SAR 3,200.
c) Wages totaling SAR 7,000 are accrued; 60% of these costs are direct labor and 40% are indirect labor.
d) Overhead costs are allocated to work in process using an allocation rate of 250% of direct labor costs.
e) Job no. 25, with a total cost of SAR 8,500 is completed.
f) Job no. 25 is shipped to the customer, who is billed for SAR 15,000.
(Week 5, Chapter 5)
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT ?
At LindasHelp.com , I can take care of all your academic needs including your individual & learning team papers & power points, your Accounting, Finance, Math and QNT labs, sheets, quizzes, discussion questions and Final exams. All the work I complete for you is guaranteed to be 100% original, plagiarism free, edited, APA formatted and just ready for you to add your name on it.
Leave a Reply