· During class we investigated what it is like to work as an RT in other countries. We discussed the UK health model and the US health model. Briefly describe the difference between the two (i.e. who performs the duties of an RT in the UK model vs US model).
· (add more about UK if you find anything online )
UK : Respiratory Physiotherapists treat patients of all ages and with a wide variety of respiratory problems including; Patients with long-term respiratory conditions such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma and Cystic Fibrosis both in hospital and in the community. Patients on intensive care who are at risk of developing respiratory problems whilst on a ventilator. Patients who require rehabilitation following surgery. NURSES do some of the work of an RT in the uk as well
· US : Meets patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting pulmonary function tests; assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription.
· Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and supports life by administering inhalants; operating mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
· Administers respiratory therapy treatments by performing bronchopulmonary drainage; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes; directing treatments given by aides, technicians and assistants.
· Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient’s progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
· Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
· Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
· Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT ?
At LindasHelp.com , I can take care of all your academic needs including your individual & learning team papers & power points, your Accounting, Finance, Math and QNT labs, sheets, quizzes, discussion questions and Final exams. All the work I complete for you is guaranteed to be 100% original, plagiarism free, edited, APA formatted and just ready for you to add your name on it.