Throughout this course, you will be creating a series of parent handouts focused on the various ages and stages of development. The third week of class has focused on infancy and toddlerhood; therefore, this will be the focus of your Week 3 assignment. Continuing with the same template from your Week 1 Theory Parent Handout assignment and your Week 2 Prenatal and Newborn Parent Handout, complete the slides for the Week 3 portion.
· Read Chapter 6: Cognitive Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood
· Read Chapter 7: Emotional and Social Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood
· Find and open your latest version of the Parent Handout template on your computer. You will be adding on to this document.
For your assignment, complete the following:
· Discuss how cognitive and language development are connected.
· Summarize how motor development influences infant and toddler social experiences.
· Describe how you will create a learning environment that fosters the development of self-regulation, secure attachment, and self-control.
· Explain three resources for families to support them during the infant and toddler stage of development. Be sure to include a link to each resource.
· One resource should be a quick read for families on the go.
· One resource should be more detailed for families who want to learn more.
· One resource should be user-friendly for diverse families (e.g., ELL, single parents, grandparents raising grandchildren, etc.).
· Explain your role as an educator in providing developmental activities that support physical, cognitive, and social-emotional growth from 2 months to 2 years.
· Describe what it means to be a socially-emotionally competent infant and toddler caregiver.
· Discuss how you will foster relationships that promote cognitive and language development in infants and toddlers.
The Infant and Toddler Parent Handout paper
· Must be three pages in length and formatted according to template.
· Must utilize academic voice. See the resource for additional guidance.
· Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text. These scholarly resources should be different than the resources provided for families. Must follow as outlined in the Writing Center.
· The table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view the tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT ?
At LindasHelp.com , I can take care of all your academic needs including your individual & learning team papers & power points, your Accounting, Finance, Math and QNT labs, sheets, quizzes, discussion questions and Final exams. All the work I complete for you is guaranteed to be 100% original, plagiarism free, edited, APA formatted and just ready for you to add your name on it.