Professional Development Plan: APN
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student with an opportunity to explore the nurse practitioner (NP) practice requirements in his/her state of practice, NP competencies and leadership skills to develop a plan to support professional development.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Examine roles and competencies of advanced practice nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care. (CO1)
2. Analyze essential skills needed to lead within the context of complex systems. (CO3)
3. Explore the process of scholarship engagement to improve health and healthcare outcomes in various settings. (CO4) Assignment should be submitted to the Roles in APN Professional Development Plan
When the assignment is placed in the dropbox, it will automatically be submitted to Turnitin. You may submit the assignment one additional time before the due date to lower the Turnitin score. If you choose to resubmit, the second submission will be considered final and subject to grading. Once the due date for the assignment passes, you may not resubmit to lower a Turnitin score.
This assignment will follow the late assignment policy specified in the course syllabus.
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment.
In the event of a situation that prevents timely submission of an assignment, students may petition their instructor for a waiver of the late submission grade reduction. The instructor will review the student’s rationale for the request and make a determination based on the merits of the student’s appeal. Consideration of the student’s total course performance to date will be a contributing factor in the determination. Students should continue to attend class, actively participate, and complete other assignments while the appeal is pending.
1. The APN Professional Development Plan paper is worth 200 points and will be graded on the quality of the content, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
2. Submit the paper as a Microsoft Word Document, which is the required format at Chamberlain University. You are encouraged to use the APA Academic Writer and Grammarly tools when creating your assignment.
3. Follow the directions below and the grading criteria located in the rubric closely.
4. The length of the paper should be 5-8 pages, excluding title page and reference page(s).
5. Support ideas with a minimum of 3 scholarly resources. Scholarly resources do not include your textbook. You may need to use more than 3 scholarly resources to fully support your ideas.
6. You may use first person voice when discussing information specific to your personal practice or skills.
7. Current edition APA format is required with both a title page and reference page(s). Use the following as Level 1 headings to denote the sections of your paper (Level 1 headings use upper- and lower-case letters and are bold and centered):
APN Professional Development Plan (This is the paper introduction. In APA format, a restatement of the paper title, centered and bold serves as the heading of the introduction section)
APN Scope of Practice
Nurse Practitioner (NONPF) Core Competencies
1. Introduction: Provide an overview of what will be covered in the paper. Introduction should include general statements on scope of practice, competencies, and leadership, and identification of the purpose of the paper.
2. APN Scope of Practice: Research the Nurse Practice Act and APN scope of practice guidelines for the state in which you intend to practice after graduation. (Example: Students who intend to practice in California must research the California Nurse Practice Act and relevant Board of Registered Nursing regulations, such as obtaining a DEA number, and prescriptive requirements). Describe the educational, licensure, and regulatory requirements for that state in your own words. Identify whether your state allows full, limited, or restricted NP practice. Discuss NP prescriptive authority in your state. Provide support from at least one scholarly source. Source may be the regulatory body that governs nursing practice in your state. (Students who intend to practice in California, include the use of written standard procedures that guide nurse practitioner practice in the state and physician supervision ratios).
3. Nurse Practitioner (NONPF) Core Competencies: Review the NONPF Core Competencies. Describe two competency areas you believe to be personal strengths and two competency areas in which you have opportunities for growth. Discuss two scholarly activities you could do during the master’s program to help yourself achieve NP competencies. Provide support from at least one scholarly source. Source may be NONPF Core Competencies document provided via the link in the week 2 readings.
4. Leadership Skills: Analyze three leadership skills required to lead as an NP within complex systems. Describe two strategies you could use to help you develop NP leadership skills. Provide support from at least one scholarly source. Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
5. Conclusion: Provide a conclusion, including a brief summary of what you discussed in the paper.
Provides an overview of what will be covered in the paper. Introduction should include: 1. general statements on scope of practice.2. general statements on NP competencies.3. general statements on leadership.4. identification of the purpose of the paper.
APN Scope of Practice
1. Identify the intended state of practice after graduation.
2. Describe the educational, licensure, and regulatory requirements for state.
3. Identify whether the state allows full, limited, or restricted NP practice.
4. Discuss NP prescriptive authority in the state.
Provides support from at least one scholarly source. Source may be the regulatory body that governs nursing practice in the state.
Nurse Practitioner (NONPF) Core Competencies
1. Describe two competency areas believed to be student’s personal strengths.
2. Describes two competency areas in which student has opportunities for growth.
3. Discuss two scholarly activities to do during the master’s program to help student achieve NP competencies.
Provide support from at least one scholarly source. Source may be NONPF Core Competencies document provided via the link in the week 2 readings.
1. Analyze three leadership skills required to lead as an NP within complex systems.
2. Describe two strategies student could use to help develop NP leadership skills.
Provide support from at least one scholarly source.
Provide a conclusion, including a brief summary of what was discussed in the paper.
Total CONTENT Points= 180 points
Formatting follows current edition APA Manual guidelines for
1. title page
2. body of paper (including citations and headings)
3. reference page
Writing mechanics follow the rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, punctuation, and other aspects of formal written work as found in the current edition of the APA manual. The length of the paper is at least 5 pages but no more than 8 pages.
Total FORMAT Points= 20 points
ASSIGNMENT TOTAL=200 points
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT ?
At LindasHelp.com , I can take care of all your academic needs including your individual & learning team papers & power points, your Accounting, Finance, Math and QNT labs, sheets, quizzes, discussion questions and Final exams. All the work I complete for you is guaranteed to be 100% original, plagiarism free, edited, APA formatted and just ready for you to add your name on it.