**KIM WOODS** Week Five Homework ExerciseWeek Five Homework Exercise
PSYCH/610 Version 2
University of Phoenix Material
Week Five Homework Exercise
Answer the following questions, covering material from Ch. 11 of the Methods in Behavioral Research text:
1. What are single-case designs and when are they most useful?
2. How may a researcher enhance the generalizability of the results of a single case design?
3. What is the relationship between quasi-experiments and confounding variables? Provide an example
4. Provide examples of: one-group posttest designs and one-group pretest and posttest designs. What are the limitations of each?
5. Provide examples of non-equivalent control group designs. What are the advantages of having a control group?
6. What is a quasi-experimental research design? Why would a researcher use a quasi-experimental design rather than a true experimental design?
7. What is the difference between a cross-sectional and a longitudinal study? What is a sequential study? Which of these designs is most vulnerable to cohort effects? Which design is most vulnerable to the effects of attrition?
8. What are the differences between: needs assessment, program assessment, process evaluation, outcome evaluation, and efficacy assessment? Why is program evaluation important to the field?
9. A researcher wants to investigate patriotic behavior across the lifespan. She samples people in the following age groups: 18–28, 29–39, 40–50, 51–60, and 61 and above. All participants are interviewed and asked to complete questionnaires and rating scales about patriotic behavior. This type of developmental research design is called ________________. What is the primary disadvantage of this type of design? Explain.
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT ?
At LindasHelp.com , I can take care of all your academic needs including your individual & learning team papers & power points, your Accounting, Finance, Math and QNT labs, sheets, quizzes, discussion questions and Final exams. All the work I complete for you is guaranteed to be 100% original, plagiarism free, edited, APA formatted and just ready for you to add your name on it.